Everyone loves pizza, and it is always a great option, easy to order and can be picked up or delivered, making it a very versatile meal, and with so many toppings and choices available it’s great go-to food, after all, who doesn’t like pizza? It’s a classic dish that can be enjoyed with a small group of friends, or a large party. There is just nothing like biting into a nice warm pizza with melted cheese and toppings.
Of course, nothing else goes better with pizza than a side dish – or two. A side dish can help make the pizza go further if you have a few hungry mouths to feed and is also a great accompaniment – just something extra a different taste or flavour to add to the meal.
Sometimes choosing a side is as simple as just feeling like having chips or garlic bread, while other times it might just be you are after some *comfort food*. The good thing is, no matter what you choose to have with your pizza – you can have more than one side!
Some of the amazing side dishes you can have with your pizza include:
- Steakhouse Chips – these chips are thicker than normal *fries* and have a fantastic hand-cut appearance with a great potato flavour.
- Wedges – these are wedges of potato which are often large and unpeeled. Wedges are served hot and are like a chunkier version of a chip. Usually baked or fried and served with seasoning, they are a popular treat and can be enjoyed on their own or dipped in sauce.
- Garlic Bread – garlic bread is a small roll of bread that has been topped with garlic and olive oil or butter, sliced with a combination of butter and garlic melted into each slice. The bread is baked, giving it a crunchy top, and the thick cut slices with melted butter and garlic are soft. It’s a delicious combination that goes well with both pizza and pasta dishes.
- Beer Battered Onion Rings – large onions cut into thick rings that are covered in a batter made of flour, baking powder, salt and pepper, and beer. The rings are then deep fried until they are brown and crispy. Drained, they can be served with some extra salt or vinegar.
- Waffle Fries – waffle fries are also known as pommes gaufrettes – when they are cut super thin. Waffle fries come in different thicknesses, and when they have been sliced very thin, they can taste just like a potato crisp. These are a great alternative to fries, and the kids will love them.
- Mozzarella Sticks – these are elongated prices of mozzarella that have been covered in either a batter or bread and cooked. They are served with a range of dipping sauces including tomato, barbecue, and mayonnaise.